Plenty To Do!
Pierre is the capital of South Dakota, and there is tons to see and do in the immediate and surrounding area.
State Capitol Tours
Tour the State Capitol building and see the State Capitol Fighting Stallions, Flaming Fountain, WWII Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and more—all on capitol grounds near the Visitor Center on Capitol Lake.
Hunting & Fishing
- Fishing on Lake Oahe, which boasts the best fishing in the Midwest
- Fishing on the Missouri River (features a fishing pier and boat ramp)
- Hire a professional fishing guide through South Dakota Walleye Charters
- Some of the finest pheasant, grouse, prairie dog, and goose hunting in South Dakota
Parks & Outdoor Activities
- Paddle board classes, including Intro to Paddle Boarding, Paddle Board Fitness, and SUP Yoga, available through Endless River Paddling.
- Kayak and paddle board rentals are available through Endless River Paddling.
- SD Discovery Center & Aquarium (located right across the street from us!)
- Fort Pierre
- Hillsview Golf Course
- Dunes Golf Course
- Disc golf course
- Historic downtown shopping
- Oahe Speedway
- Hiking and bike trails at Farm Island State Park or the Lewis & Clark Family Center
- The Dances with Wolves movie set: Triple U Buffalo Ranch (23 miles northwest)
- Pot of Gold bowling at Lariat Lanes
- South Dakota Cultural Heritage Museum
- Verendrye Museum
- Casey Tibbs Rodeo Museum