See Everything Pierre has to Offer
In the capital of South Dakota, you’ll find fun for the family and fishermen alike. Check out all the things to do in Pierre, and then get ready to see them in person!
State Capitol Tours
Tour the State Capitol building and see the State Capitol Fighting Stallions, Flaming Fountain, WWII Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and more—all on capitol grounds near the Visitor Center on Capitol Lake.
Plus, it’s all located within a four-block radius of state memorials and the Governor’s mansion. You can stop by during business hours for a self-guided tour, or call and schedule a guided one in advance.
Hunting and Fishing
- Fishing on Lake Oahe, which boasts the best fishing in the Midwest
- Fishing on the Missouri River (features a fishing pier and boat ramp)
- Hire a professional fishing guide through South Dakota Walleye Charters
- Some of the finest pheasant, grouse, prairie dog, and goose hunting in South Dakota
You’re going to need energy for all those adventures, and we know just the place. Check out these local hotspots.
- Zesto is your can’t-miss restaurant, and Pierre’s favorite summer hangout—you have to try the “Uncle Matt”!
- The Cattleman’s Club Steakhouse, featuring the best steak in town
- Our two in-house restaurants
- Paddle board classes, including Intro to Paddle Boarding, Paddle Board Fitness, and SUP Yoga, available through Endless River Paddling.
- Kayak and paddle board rentals are available through Endless River Paddling.
- SD Discovery Center & Aquarium (located right across the street from us!)
- Fort Pierre
- Hillsview Golf Course
- Dunes Golf Course
- Disc golf course
- Historic downtown shopping
- Oahe Speedway
- Hiking and bike trails at Farm Island State Park or the Lewis & Clark Family Center
- The Dances with Wolves movie set: Triple U Buffalo Ranch (23 miles northwest)
- Pot of Gold bowling at Lariat Lanes
- South Dakota Cultural Heritage Museum
- Verendrye Museum
- Casey Tibbs Rodeo Museum
Getting excited yet?
Book your stay and come join us!